2/11/14

My Week In Fitness


I had another great week of activity.  It feels really good to be active again.  I also woke up at 3:30am on work days again this week to get in some activity.  My FitBit didn't send me my usual weekly totals.  I did some math and I think last week I walked 68,056 steps and 31.32 miles.  I am surprised I was around 30 miles again.  I didn't get in as many actual miles shoveling snow vs. walking on the treadmill.  Still a good week with 21 APs earned.

Wednesday: Elliptical and walk at YMCA
I met my friend Phoenix for an exercise date at the Y.  We started on the elliptical for about an hour and then walked the perimeter of the gym.  The Y we went to didn’t have an actual indoor track.  It was a good long workout.  6 APs earned.

Thursday: Rest day/snow shoveling
I was feeling guilty about taking a rest day from activity but I knew I needed to rest.  My calves were really sore and I had been exercising non-stop for over a week.  I did a little bit of snow shoveling when I woke up.  Then I met my friend Jamie for a nice long visit and pizza.  I can’t think of a better way to spend a rest day!  1 AP earned.



I ended up shoveling snow this morning.  I got all dressed for the treadmill, took a peak outside, and changed into warmer clothes.  I have a pretty good system down now and shoveled both mine and my neighbor’s driveway and sidewalks in 40 minutes
total.  3 APs earned.

Saturday: 3:30am date with the snow shovel…again
I woke up to an even larger blanket of snow this morning.  It was heavier and wetter too.  I don’t get anywhere close to 10,000 steps when I shovel snow vs. my time on the treadmill.  So, after work I laced up my shoes and hit the treadmill for a walk.  Even that barely met 10,000 steps!  I also did my PT moves at home and lifted some weights.  6 APs earned.

Sunday: 3:30am WATP DVD
Thank goodness there was no snow this morning.  I silently let out a very loud cheer (Kenyon was still asleep) when I saw there was no new snow to shovel.  I decided to do a Walk Away The Pound DVD and walked 2 miles.  Again, I don’t hit 10,000 steps this way.  I went for a walk after work for about 30 minutes.  When I left work the sun was shining.  After I got changed and headed out it decided to play peek-a-boo.  I was already out and about so I just went for it.  3 APs earned.



Monday: Mall walking with Kenyon
I was scheduled for the late day shift at work so no 3:30am wake up call was needed.  When we went to bed on Sunday night Kenyon mentioned needing to get in some exercise.  I suggested walking at the mall again.  We headed out a little later than usual but did 4 laps for a total of almost 3 miles.  I kept seeing this couple that we had seen previously.  Every time they waved at me I waved too.  They even said hello.  Then I realized I don’t think they were talking to us but another group of other walkers there.  Whoops.  2 APs earned.

Tuesday: Rest day

I am taking a rest day of activity today.  Kenyon and I are both off work and have plans for an early Valentine's Day dinner.  I am going to just enjoy the day and get back to it tomorrow.

No comments: