2/16/14

Passport Photos

We applied for the TSA Pre-Check status.




The benefit of being on the pre-check list means we don't have to take off our shoes or empty out our pockets the next time we fly. It is a hefty fee but if approved it is good for five years. As much as we fly it would be nice to not have the added hassle of TSA security.

When Kenyon mentioned doing the pre-check option he said we would have to get finger printed and have a background check done. Um...working in law enforcement and corrections for the last ten years makes this feel like applying for a job. I got nothing to hide!

We took our passports with us to the pre-check office. This is actually my second passport. I had a trip planned to Canada in July of 2007 a week after I met Kenyon. Passport photos, much like driver's license photos aren't pretty. I had lost close to 50 pounds in this photo.


It wasn't until I got my second passport in the mail that I really looked at the difference in photos. I renewed my passport with my new married name one year later. I had lost about 80 pounds in this photo.


Okay...why didn't anybody tell me my hair looked awful back then?

Anyway, when we traveled to Canada in 2009 I was worried about how different I looked in my current passport photo after losing all 130 pounds. I wanted to make sure I had accurate photo identification since we were going to be outside the USA. I went and got my driver's license renewed.



I will be getting a new passport in four years when my current one expires. Nobody has even commented on the difference in the photo. It is always neat to look back at pre-WW photos and remind myself...”damn, I still look good" and I have waaaay better hair now too.

No comments: