2/27/14

Surprise At The Scale

Sorry I am late today!  Being on night shift again means I should have posted this when I first woke up!


When I woke up on Tuesday morning feeling a bit “puffy” and not sure what the scale at home would show. I took a deep breath, stepped on the scale, and saw a 1.2 pound gain.

That was hard to see but I know I didn't deserve the gain. I had not yet eaten all my WPPAs and still had my 20 APs that I also had not eaten. So this was definitely an undeserved gain. I was psyching myself up to stay positive and just keep on going forward. I really believe that you can't judge anything by just one week and you really need a good 4-8 week time frame to see some sort of pattern develop.

What I mean by this is that being a woman I get an unpleasant visitor once a month. That mixed with other hormonal changes could show up on the scale, make your pants feel tighter, and cause some major “fat day” feelings. It is sort of like a bad hair day but all over your body! So occasionally we can work really hard for a loss and instead see a gain.

Much to my surprise, I actually had a 0.4 pound loss. Hey! I'll take it. I am really happy for a forth loss in a row. YEAH! I am working my way down the scale.


It has been four weeks since I got back from HI, got honest with myself, and have been working really hard to bring the scale back down in hopes of eventually getting back into my goal range. Since it has only been four weeks if I did have a gain it wouldn't have been enough yet to see a true pattern. I have been doing WW for seven years and made goal almost five years ago. I know by now that the week after my “monthly visitor” I would usually show a low loss when in weight loss mode and once in maintenance I would show a slight gain. I don't like making excuses for a gain so having one that isn't deserved is just tough all the way around.


Thankfully I didn't have to worry about it and I hope to continue to see the scale move downward. I have a really busy March planned so I have to stay accountable and honest and keep doing what I'm doing. Because it is working!

No comments: