2/15/14

Minor Freak Out

I had a minor freak out Tuesday and the old obsessed Lindsay resurfaced. I can be really hard on myself sometimes and I am really, really, really (yes THAT much) trying to work on not letting my Tuesdays get out of control. In the past I was ruining my whole week's work on one day of eating, which happened to be after my WI and meeting. I want to make some major changes but I have to continue to remember it all happens with small steps and that I don't have to be so hard on myself.

I got home from my meeting and while I knew we had dinner plans for an early Valentine's Day dinner I was hungry and had veggies that needed to be used up.  I made a huge pan of veggies sauteed in olive oil and added a chicken patty for some protein. Kenyon came home from running errands and asked if I wanted to move our dinner plans to lunch time. Oops. I actually didn't feel that full and was still thinking I wanted something more. A few hours later we were at Copper Canyon for lunch instead of dinner. I had been eyeing the menu already so I ordered the Honey Almondine Chicken. It was served with potatoes and mixed veggies.


I also had two slices of the bread basket, which was very small rounds of a baguette, and butter. I knew eating a short time ago I didn't need to eat my whole meal and checking in with my hunger signals I also knew I would be taking part home with me. It was really yummy. I ate a little less than half the chicken, two potato halves, and the carrots and green beans. Since I'd had lots of veggies ealrier I traded my broccoli for Kenyon's potatoes. I brought that home with the other part of my chicken for another meal.

By this point I had used all of my DPA and I only had 10 WPPA left for the week, which ended on Tuesday as well. I let a few Costco samples get the best of me. I am usually better about this! By the time dinner rolled around I only had five of the WPPA left. I was still feeling pretty confident I could make it work. I also had 21 APs that I had not eaten, advise from my leader for changing it up, but I was still not planning to use them. Then, Kenyon said he wanted Cracker Barrel for dinner. GULP. Followed up by “and maybe Cheesecake Factory for dessert.” AKKKKKK!

I had a mental freakout and went into obsessive mode. I looked up menus and NI and started writing down different meal options. I also knew whatever I ordered didn't all have to be eaten in one sitting and I could take some home for tomorrow. I even went as far as to call Cracker Barrel and ask what kind of soup they were serving. I decided on veggie soup (3 PPV) and a side of pinto beans mixed in (3 PPV).


I told Kenyon I would share some cheesecake with him if he wanted to. He was shocked that I suggested sharing! He knows my Tuesdays can go crazy. I had looked up NI ahead of time and had an idea of what kinds might be an option. We selected the lemon raspberry cheesecake and it was mighty delicious! The NI isn't exact but a whole piece is roughly 18 PPVs so I counted 9 PPVs for my bites.


I ended up using 11 of my 21 APs. I was really happy with my food choices, didn't feel deprived, and had a nice day/evening with Kenyon. Onto a new week that is filled with some eating out and treats. I am doing my best to pre-plan and pre-track as much as I can.

No comments: