12/20/14

December Ladies Nite


Hello and Happy Saturday!

I am sorry I didn’t post a blog yesterday.  The whole day sort of got away from me!  I was in a car crash on Thursday on my way to work (nobody was injured and I’ll post more another day on that) so Friday was taking care of some insurance stuff and getting the repair and rental car set up.  Then I had a hair appointment before I rounded up for my December Ladie’s Meet Up.

I dressed in my festive attire and headed to Danielle’s house.  Wearing my holiday leggings makes me really happy.
 

Danielle offered up her house to host and I had decided on a taco theme.  Between Danielle and me (but mostly Danielle) we came up with a great spread.  Danielle has a brand new patio home that is super cute and she had really fun decorations. 








I had pre-planned my food and in true WW fashion also tried to envision my meal for the evening and how I wanted it to go.  I have been managing my many food events this week very well and I even checked in with the scale yesterday morning and it is down.  I didn’t want drinking and cookies to be a red-light to over indulge.  I had some successes and some set-backs.

My plan was:

1 – Only have one margarita and do a half margarita mix/half Fresca mix – Success
2 – Switch to non-alcoholic drink of Cranberry Sprite Zero and fresh squeezed lime – Success
3 – Eat a taco salad and forgot the taco shell/tortilla – Success
4 – Keep the appetizers to just a few – Part Success/Part Set-Back
5 – Enjoy one (some cookies) I was brining from our work cookie exchange or have a slice of Danielle’s rum cake – Set-Back
My evening started out great.  I ate a little bit of bean dip and some hummus with veggies.  I LOVE pita chips but kept that to a minimum.  I think we were all hungry so instead of snacking more we started in on the food.  I had my planned margarita/Fresca and switched over to non-alcoholic drinks after that.  After my salad I wanted just a little bit more so I went back for more of the chicken and beef.  This beef was what Danielle made, was a WW recipe, and was very good!  Dessert was served and since there were so many cookies to try (I brought cookies from our work cookie exchange), we each took a small bit of this and that.  Danielle’s rum cake was really good! 






When attending a party I don’t often gather around the food to socialize.  It is just too easy for me to keep reaching into the bowl in front of me and much.  That is pretty much were my set-backs occurred.  The appetizers and desserts were placed on the table we were all sitting around and my hand dipped into the pita chips many times.  I kept looking at the rum cake toying with having another slice.  Two small slivers later….another bit of a cookie….ugh!

I had recently read a really great blog post, HolidayParty, posted by Beck Diet Solution.  I am glad I had read this as it gave me much to think about.  The author, Judith Beck, talked about her struggle at a holiday and after taking with one of her clients realized that you can change your behavior in the middle of an event.  You don’t have to wait for later, tomorrow, or even Monday.  You can right your behavior in the middle of the holiday party.  Putting this practice into use I was able to stop myself from eating the chips and sweets by moving myself into the living room and away from the food sitting on the table within hands reach.  Whew.
Regardless of my few over indulgences, I had a wonderful time.  I have such a great group of friends and I enjoy our get-togethers so much.  


1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Cranberry Sprite Zero and lime is such a delicious-sounding idea for a "mocktail." Yum!