12/3/14

Weekly WI And A New Perspective

I had my Weekly WI on Monday at my WW meeting.  I debated skipping the scale as I had become a bit reckless with my food Saturday and Sunday.  A small fog has set in over my mood and I just wasn’t feeling like being very healthy.

I was lucky to squeak by with a 0.2 pound loss.  Hey, better than a gain right?  I cut that one close!  I had actually weighed myself at home on Saturday when I woke up and was showing I would maintain so I am glad didn’t do any major scale damage over the weekend.

I was talking to Jamie at my WW meeting explaining the funk I was in and my reckless eating.  I told her Kenyon and I went to Cracker Barrel for dinner Sunday night.  We shared the fried chicken breasts.  I ordered carrots and green beans for my sides and he ordered mac n’ cheese, fried okra, and dumplings since they were out of mashed potatoes.  I had part of the mac n’ cheese and I am not a fan of dumplings or fried okra. 

Jamie responded, “but you shared.”  Yep.  We did.

I told her it didn’t stop there.  We went to Fred Meyer and I got a piece of cake that I took home and had some with ice cream.  She asked if I ate the whole slice.  “Nope, just a bit of it with ice cream.”  Jamie said, “I would have eaten the whole piece.”  I told her it was a big slice of cake.  She said she would have still eating the whole thing.

Well now…here is some new perspective I needed to hear.  Prior to my WW meeting I was still feeling reckless and wanted to go to the pizza buffet.  I would have eaten mostly the salad bar but still consumed two or three slices of pizza.  Instead we went to Costa Vida where I got my usual sweet pork salad.  Despite getting the large tortilla this time I ate only about half of it, maybe a little less.

Even when I feel like I am being reckless, I am still using my WW tools.  I still make semi-good choices and/or don’t stuff myself silly.  Losing weight is just feeling like a struggle right now.

I am down a full five pounds from October.  Yeah!  However, I am still up 11.4 pounds from last November.  I still have work to do.  I need to stay focused!

The WW meeting was about making a list of why you want to lose weight or why you want to maintain your weight.  The photo on the flip chart was that of a seatbelt buckle.  The reason I joined WW was because of a seatbelt buckle.

The top of my list for losing/maintaining my weight is to buckle that seatbelt when I get on the plane.  It is always reminder of where I have been and how far I have come.  We are headed to Vegas on Saturday.  I’ll be happy because I know that the seatbelt still buckles.

No comments: