12/1/14

Festival Of Trees And Some Distorted Thoughts

Talk about a very odd blog post title.  I’ll explain.

Saturday I volunteered at Festival of Trees.  The Festival is one of my favorite holiday events and I have been volunteering at, when my work schedule allows, for the past few years.  This year I got to hang out with Santa and the photo area.  I was helping with calling the number and making sure the people were in line when it was their turn to get a photo.  It was quite hectic and a lot of waiting around for parents and children.  But what joy it brings me to see those little ones so excited to see The Big Man and smile for a photo.  It just melts my heart.



After the Festival I walked to Mongolian BBQ for a bite to eat since I was already parked downtown. While I was walking towards the restaurant I saw lots of people inside the windows of other restaurants. I thought to myself, “I wish I didn’t have to worry about my weight so much.”

This thought has worked itself into my head a time or two. If somebody else was to utter this phrase my question to them would be, “what do you think you are missing out on food-wise?” It isn’t that I feel I am missing out on anything. I eat plenty of foods I enjoy. I am very social and often go out to eat with Kenyon and/or my friends. It is just frustrating that I have to be thinking about food/calories/points to much of my day. I proved I can’t be trusted to just eat what I feel like and stop when I’m full when I tipped the scales at 304 pounds.

It takes a lot of work to track food and be mindful all the time. I will always be thankful for WW and the assistance I’ve received in losing weight and keeping most of it off. I need to continue to be mindful if I am going to keep the scale under 200 pounds. Sometimes, it just feels exhausting. Sometimes I just wish I didn’t have to worry about it so much.  But with anything, this too shall pass. 

After my Mongolian BBQ where I loaded up my bowl with lots of veggies, I stopped by Aspen Leaf for a nock of froyo. It was a nice treat.


Here are more photos from the Festival of Trees.



























No comments: