12/8/14

Meridian Holiday Festivities

I took Friday night off work. When I realized the Meridian Nite Lite Parade and tree lighting were that same night I asked my sister if my nieces would like to go. She said they were excited so I picked them up and we headed to Meridian.

My hairdresser Katie, also a grade school friend, works at Main Street Salon, which sits right along the parade route. They were having a get together before the parade with hot coca and cookies. We snagged a spot along the parade route thanks to a lady that said we could share the city bench she was sitting at and then headed to the salon.




Kenyon met us and we had Mexican at El Tenampa next door. The quesadilla we ordered the kids was amazing. Super cheesy! Kenyon was a little late joining us so we actually left him at the restaurant and went outside to watch the parade. It was a bit underwhelming so we headed back inside to the warmth and ate our food.



I had told the girls we might get frozen yogurt afterwards. I swear with kids they never hear the word “might” they just hear the word “get” and so frozen yogurt it was. We went to LeCreme in The Village, which was super expensive, and I sugared the girls up just right before I dropped them back off at home.


This is Emma's frozen yogurt cup.  Just toppings.  No yogurt.




Kids are exhausting but they are so cute. When I was buckling Emma into her booster seat and reaching over her trying to find the buckle she kissed my cheek. They are only small for a little while.


No comments: