12/4/14

Ramblings


Good Afternoon.  I am so excited for this weekend.  I have five days off work starting Friday and we head out of town on Saturday.  I need a break!  I’ve been working a lot of overtime.  While the money is nice, I am feeling a bit burnt out.

I met Jamie and her husband Kevin for a MS presentation at the Stonehouse yesterday.  I am not a fan of the actual place and they served us the same meal as the last time I was there for a presentation.  It was really yummy but very high in PPVs.  We had a choice of grilled cheese or grilled ham and cheese sandwiches.  They were served in halves and made with thick bread and LOTS of butter.  Talk about good ‘ol comfort food.  The sandwiches were served with some homemade chips, dip, and also some tomato bisque soup.  There were cookies for dessert.

I didn’t snap any photos but just as I did last time I took half a sandwich and a cup of soup.  I added in a few chips and this time I had a little chip dip too.  I skipped the cookie both times.  Since I don’t cook with butter, nor really put it on stuff, I could really taste it. 

I went to bed yesterday morning feeling a bit “fat” and thinking about weight loss and Weight Watchers.  I need to get serious about exercise again.  My WW buddy Regina posted an article on our Facebook page about making exercise a habit.  I need to work really hard to re-build the habit of daily exercise.  When I woke up to go to the MS presentation I put on a pair of jeans that were newly washed.  I find lately that I feel pretty confident about my weight gain about 75% of the time until I put on a pair of newly washed pants.  They are so tight my confidence level drops to 45%.  I really wish I didn’t have to wash my clothes!

I stopped by Trader Joes on my way downtown.  I needed more peanut butter.  Good news is they have peanut butter made with Valencia peanuts again.  Bad news is it is organic and $4.99 a jar.  Of course I bought one.  I like TJ’s regular peanut butter but after the recall a year or so ago I really miss the Valencia peanut butter.  It was really yummy.  TJ’s regular peanut butter isn’t any more expensive at just $2.49 a jar.  I am actually always pleasantly surprised at the prices in general.  It isn’t expensive like Whole Foods and pretty much has regular grocery store prices.

The sweets at TJ’s this time of year….oh my!  I knew I couldn’t really keep perishables in my car too long so I actually thought I would stop by back by on my way home instead.  Judging by the tightness of my pants, I didn’t need any sweets.  I got my peanut butter, coconut oil, and romaine lettuce and got the heck out of there.  I think I would have just done more damage.

I am really craving sweets though.  Not sure why, perhaps just that time of year.  A new place opened in town called Freddy’s and it serves frozen custard.  After looking at their menu it sure looks good.  But, it is also really high in PPVs.  I decided on my way to work that I would not indulge in sweets just yet.  Since we are headed to Vegas there is sure to be some treats and indulgences in my near future.  I am also hoping to hang out with my nieces on Friday and there might be some treats consumed then as well.

I guess I just felt like rambling today.  Thanks for listening.

No comments: