12/16/14

The Dreaded 200s


In two weeks I have gained 7.2 pounds.  The leader who did my WI yesterday actually didn’t believe it was correct.  I had gotten on the scale at home so I knew it wasn’t going to be pretty.  Boy was it ugly.

I have another milestone to document during my maintenance journey, weighing 200 pounds again.  This is not a happy occasion to document and I don’t plan to make this permanent.  I was telling Dawny the good thing about weight is that it never stays the same.  You go up and you go down but rarely does it stay the same.  My goal is to get this scale to go down, once and for all!

I am tired of this up and down game.  Two weeks ago I lost my motivation to track and my eating choices were less-than-stellar.  Then we went to Vegas last week and I continued to eat with reckless abandon.  We got home from Vegas last Tuesday and yet I didn’t get back to my healthy eating and tracking.

I don’t know what is going on with me lately.  Prior to the last two weeks I had actually started to see a pretty good four week pattern to my weight loss/maintenance cycle. 

193.4

194

192.6

193.6

193.4

Four weeks later I was the exact same weight.  Mind you, it is still a high weight.  I still have so much I need to work on.

My goals for this week are to track 100%.  This will be tough as I have a lot of planned food events.  The first of which was yesterday and our potluck at work where I have already eaten 21 WPPA and my week just started.  Gulp.  I better do some serious pre-planning if I am going to make this all work.

Another goal is to be more active.  Kenyon and I went to Axiom on Sunday night, the first time since August.  It felt good.  I did a series of cardio equipment, we stayed for 20 minutes, and I actually broke a seat.  Yesterday I walked to/from my WW meeting.  My Polar HRM is back from the repair shop and I hope this will also increase my motivation to get my heart rate up and get some pounds off!

Above all my goal this week, at the very minimum, is to maintain.  I do not want to see the scale go up any further.

Changes are coming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can do it!! *hugs* I hit 200 yesterday. *sigh*