12/22/14

When A Microwave Meal Saves The Day


We talked about frozen WW SmartOne meals in our WW meeting last Monday.  I guess somebody had tired the WW frozen pizza and dubbed it “not worth it” for the PPVs.  I gotta admit since I love pizza, it is best if it is the real thing so I’ve not yet tired the WW pizza.

The Leader commented that she doesn’t like WW meals or frozen meals.  I agree in that you can make something at home a lot healthier than a frozen meal.  But I won’t join the rest of the women in the group nodding their heads that they don’t eat frozen meals.

I eat frozen meals.

(Gap!  Shock! What?!? Oh my, the horror!)

You mean to tell me that I’m an actual human being and sometimes I get lazy and don’t want to cook?  Or that I like the convenience occasionally of a frozen meal when I am trying to plan an easy meal?

Now, like with anything out there I’ll say that a diet consisting of just frozen meals isn’t best.  Our body needs variety and frozen meals are often packed with extra sodium.  On occasion though there isn’t anything wrong with a frozen meal.

With my busy week last week I knew I would need quick and easy meals.  I have my go-to WW SmartOnes that I really like.  However, when we were at the store I reached for a meal I had not had in a while, the chicken enchiladas.



When we go out to eat I rarely order an enchiladas but I know I have had this one before and it is quite tasty.  This meal is already a complete meal and other than adding a salad or something on the side there isn’t a way to bulk it up more.  I might add some black beans, even though it will add some PPVs.  I also love the SmartOnes tuna noodle, chicken parmesan, lasagna, and turkey and stuffing meals.  I picked up some new-to-me meals to try as I wanted to get out of my usual food rut of feeling like I eat the same foods all the time.  So I selected some new entrees and some frozen veggies to bulk it up with.


Vegetable Fried Rice was just meh.  I added in some extra peas and diced carrots and dress it up with some extra soy sauce and teriyaki sauce.



Sesame Noodles with Vegetables was good.  I added in some extra frozen broccoli and dress it with some Panda Express sauce.



I am all about the easy meal with little thought to it.  That is why microwave meals are perfect for those times I need it and for those times I am not feeling very creative but don't need to eat out.

No comments: