12/5/14

It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas


Our house has been decorated for Christmas the week of Thanksgiving.  Usually I like to wait until the day after Thanksgiving to pull the decorations out.  We got some early snow and the winter white, despite the freezing temps, make it feel more like Christmas than Thanksgiving and it had me wanting to put up my decorations early.  So, I did…why not.  We were the first house on our streets to have lights on.



I got our Christmas tree in a family gift exchange a few years ago.  It is a silver tree with small white bulbs and then 20 colored large round bulbs.  I just love this tree!  I added some purple colored decorations from the tree I used to have when I lived alone in my apartment.  I also bought some colorful snowflake ornaments to add some extra color. 




The wreath hanging on our door was purchased at Festival of Trees, also several years ago.  The year I volunteered I was at the wreath booth.  While most of the trees are auctioned off at the benefit dinner, the wreaths and small table top decorations are all for sale.  The proceeds go to the St. Alphonsus Foundation.  I have loved this wreath since it was made by a 2nd grade elementary class.  The main part of the wreath is tracings of the children’s hands.





I have other various decorations I put out each year.









Last year my Secret Santa person got me these chili pepper lights.  We have chili pepper décor in our kitchen.


Somebody is spying on me!

FaLaLaLa!

No comments: