12/30/17

Four Straight Days Of Blue Dots

My night ended with crying...and it wasn't even my tears! The sleepover with my nieces was sort of a success. Last night I had my doubts and told Kenyon, “never again.” But today, with Emma sleeping peacefully on the futon upstairs, I start to think, “maybe.”

Poor Emma usually has a melt down when it is time to go to bed and suddenly starts crying and asking to go back to her Mom's house. There are a million excuses as to why she can't sleep here (yesterday it was the “creepy” dolls on my collectable shelf) and it really pushed my buttons last night. She gets overly tired and has been given too much sugar. I got so mad at her last night that when she was brushing her teeth, I heard her tiny voice say, “maybe you can find another family who will love me and give me to them.” Oh gez! Break my heart. After we both calmed down, I reminded her that I loved her and she even popped into my bedroom to thank me for taking the dolls down and to tell me she loved me. I am pretty sure we don't need anymore sleepovers though. Maybe she is still too young? Kids!

I'm patting myself on the back for a job well done at Tucanos last night. The meat service wasn't that good (too undercooked) and so that might have been part of the success. Since I don't really know the points of the meat service, my system is to count 1 SPV per piece of meat/pineapple and 2 SPV for the sausage and the breaded fish. Since there wasn't an ambulance of meat to fill me up, I hit up the salad bar twice. Afterwards, the girls wanted froyo (and I'm a bit peeved still my coupons were at home) and I was able to pass up the offer when Hailey asked if I was getting any. I've been craving gingerbread lately and have not been able to find the new Halo Top Gingerbread House ice cream in my area yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it shows up soon.

I ended my day with my fourth blue dot in a row. That sure makes me feel good. And, the WW app noticed too!


I've got one more day to reach my goal of increasing my blue dots from last week from four to five. I've started my day with a half serving of peanut and chocolate Cheerios and a half serving of Special K cinnamon and pecan cereal. I don't buy cereal or keep it in the house because of control issues and the points just aren't worth it. Of the two, which were both good, I felt like I got more Cheerios in my serving than the heavy flakes of the Special K. I bought the cereal for the girls to have something to eat before I send them back to their Mom's house today. They always say I don't have any kid-friendly food. I measured out 2 oz of milk per each small bowl and the total was 6 SPV. For 6 points, I could have had a whole breakfast! So clearly, cereal is a point bomb bust, even if it is sugary and delicious.

I'm determined to have control while it is in my house! So, no more cereal today. I might throw it out or send it home with the girls. The Cheerios one might be a nice “dessert” as long as I measure out half a serving and 2 oz of milk for just 3 SPV. We shall see. I know it temps Kenyon too so it is best to get it out of the house.

I like that I am being more mindful as I move forward in my tracking with the WW app and the new Freestyle program. I do feel really good and I have notice the few times I've eating a large amount of points in a day (Christmas Day and Tucanos last night) that I start to feel the start of a canker sore in my mouth. It is always a good reminder that staying on track makes me feel better. It is just hard to remember that when you are staring down some yummy looking high point food!

I want 2018 to be a year of success. And I'm the one in charge of making that happen.

No comments: