12/27/17

New Recipe: 2-Ingredient Bagels


Through the land of Instagram, I’ve stumbled upon several other WW members out there and found several new meal ideas/recipes.  One that I’ve tried twice is the 2-ingredient bagel.  I think the original master mind behind this recipe is @wwg4life and also under #wendyswwrecipes.
The recipe is simple:
  • 1 cup of self-rising flour
I’ve heard various types work differently but I got whatever my local Fred Meyer had on hand
  • 1 cup of Fage 0% Greek yogurt
I wouldn’t recommend any other yogurt brand since this one is nice and thick and you should avoid anything with too much extra liquid
  • Add a pinch or two of salt


The amazing part is they are just each 3 SPV!! 
Those two ingredients (well, three with salt) are the base of the recipe and from there, you can make it into calzones, breadsticks, pretzels, or bagels depending on what temperature you cook it at, etc.  It is basically similar to bread dough but has the texture more like a drop biscuit.  I’m finding so many really neat ideas on Instagram. 
This was my second time doing bagels and after learning a bit more on Instagram, I kneaded the dough several times to help blend it better.  It was still sticky when I rolled and shaped into the bagel form.  But, I felt using the rolling board helped vs. using my hands as I did previously.  I still need to work on my bagel form though.


It was suggested to put an egg wash on top of the bagels and top them with Everything But The Bagel seasoning from Trader Joe’s.  So, I made a trip to TJ’s earlier this week.  Prior to that I topped it with some garlic and jalapeno seasoning salt and it turned out really good.


Bake them in the oven at 350 degrees for 22 minutes and then turn your oven up to 550 degrees for 2 minutes (but they say don’t take them out, just up the temp for 2 minutes).  I move them to a wire rack to cool and then store in a Ziploc bag, although they don’t last long.

I had an egg sandwich this morning on one of my fresh out of the oven bagels.  Mmmmm….

No comments: