12/29/17

Making The Points Fit


It’s my last day shift for the next three months.  Hallelujah.  Since winter is upon us, I am ready to hibernate.  While I don’t love the graveyard shift hours per se, I am looking forward to going back to night shift.  I miss shift rotation.

I’m picking up my nieces after work for sleepover and we are going to Tucanos for Kenyon’s free birthday meal.  I’ve been working hard on keeping my points low so I can use as many daily points as possible for my high point meal tonight.  I can’t go over more than 5 SPV or I don’t get my blue dot.  I know that I might not get my blue do today but it won’t be for lack of trying!

Thanks to the new 0 SPV foods, it does make eating out easier.  The key is you have to make sure you are eating those foods to compensate for the large meal out.  Those times I was blowing through my weekly points all in one day was because I was not paying attention to maximizing my points using the new 0 SPV foods.  Here is how I have my day so far:

Breakfast – 3 egg omelet (0 SPV), 1 slice of Tillamook smoked provolone (2 SPV), 2 small oranges, and Starbucks with cream (2 SPV).

Morning snack – 6 oz Kirkland non-fat yogurt (0 SP) and frozen mangos (0 SPV).

Lunch – Chicken taco soup (1 SPV) and 28 g Daisy light sour cream (2 SPV)

Afternoon snack – 3.8 oz Columbus turkey breast (0 SPV), 2 Lucerne light string cheese (2 SPV), 2 small apples (0 SPV)

I’ve got 18 DPA left (unless I have more coffee later today) and with the 5 extra WPA I can use, I’ll have 23 SPV left for dinner and the best chance at getting my blue dot.

I’ve got to get my activity re-started this coming week.  I am glad I feel like I’ve got a handle on food so the next step is to amp it up with my activity.  I am staying focused on my 2018 goals to get this weight off!  Being on night shift usually makes it easier.  I am also going to try and pack on the OT so I can save up a good chunk of money towards our Europe trip during these next three months on night shift.

No comments: