12/9/17

This N' That On A Saturday


Good Saturday Morning!!

I’m at work today but thankfully, I work with a fun team so we are having a good day.  This feels like the longest week in history and I am only on day three of five.  Thankfully I’ve got fun to look forward to on my days off.

I’ve got some random items for the blog today.

My coworker told me that St. Chapelle was selling their huckleberry wine but in a sparking version.  I ended up with a random $10 off coupon and got a 20% discount for being a case club member from many years ago.  I ended up getting two bottles for $20.  It is good but not sweet enough for my taste buds.  I’m planning to take the second bottle for Christmas festivities. 





I’d been looking for the Halo Top Pumpkin Pie ice cream and I finally spotted it at Alberston’s last week.  I paid $5.99 for this small pint but figured if I waited to find it elsewhere cheaper, I might not be able to.  It is really good.  I was big on Halo Top a few months ago but then after having Ben & Jerry’s, HT wasn’t as good.  For what it is worth, it does the trick.  A ½ cup serving is 3 SPV and I think the whole pint is 13 SPV.  I think one serving of B&J is at least 13 SPV.  So, it’s a good points alternative to regular ice cream when you are in a pinch.




During Black Friday shopping, I got a two new espresso cups for my Starbucks Verismo machine.  FYI, there was a sale recently on the machines making them $99 and thus a very affordable way to have Sbucks espresso at home.  You do have to buy the pods which run you about $1 each.  I’m keeping an eye out for a pod sale.  This is my Christmas espresso cup and then I also got one with a N on it.  I asked Kenyon if he knew what the N stood for and he said, “Not enough coffee.”  Gezzzzz.

 

I also found these really great insulated mugs at Kohl’s that I got on a coupon along with using my Kohl’s cash.  I needed a larger size then the one I got at Eddie Bauer for my birthday.  Sadly, they are not dishwasher safe but I do love the look (I got two different colors) and the amount of time it keeps my iced coffee cold.



I did a peek at the scale this morning and while I’ve not gained any weight, I’ve also not lost any.  So, not sure what that is all about.  I am still working the WW Freestyle Program and really liking it.  I have had successful last few days and so I’m hoping to start seeing results soon (of course out of town this weekend will skew that a bit).  I hope I’m doing the program right and I found this funny on Instagram.

 

Lastly, at Target last week I found a fun new hat.  If it had been on sale, I would have gotten it but $14.99 was a bit too much to spend.  It is cute though.

No comments: