12/28/17

Weekly WI: FINALLY...A LOSS & On Track Tracking

Good Morning!

I'm on day three of my four day “weekend” and I am not ready for it to end. Good news is that I've just got to return to work on Friday for my last dayshift and then I'm off for another three days as I rotate to night shift. It is also Kenyon's birthday on New Years Eve.

My WI on Tuesday went really well. After seeing no change towards the end of last week, it was really hard to stay on track and not eat my feelings. But, I powered through remembering that indulging in sugar and treats won't help. I tracked everything I ate on Christmas Day and saw on my home scale that I was showing a loss. When I went to WI, I heard the leader say “you lost 0.6 pounds.” I knew I was down lower on my home scale so a little bummed but happy to have a loss over the Christmas holiday. As I went to enter the weight into my WW app, I noticed I actually lost 2.6 pounds. Well now, that is cause for celebration!


I went back up to my leader and explained the mix up so she didn't think I wasn't grateful for my nice size loss. Finally! It has helped me mentally this week and I am on track and tracking with the app. I really like seeing my blue dots appear and having 0 SPV foods helps a lot.


Kenyon and I have been off work together since Christmas Day so it has felt harder to stay on track. But, I am working hard at it. We went to Golden Corral yesterday for the breakfast buffet to use Kenyon's birthday coupon. We woke up at 7am and the buffet didn't start until 9:30pm. I tracked using the points in the restaurant portion of the apps while we ate so I knew exactly where I was at. The hard part of a high point/low volume meal is I was hungry all day yesterday. But, I made it work and ended my day using 2 WPPA and getting my blue dot.


We have a few other birthday meals planned this week and will be taking my nieces to Tucanos on Friday. So, I'm planning my meals around it. I made really yummy burrito bowls last night with cauliflower rice. I baked the chicken then cut it up and sautéed it in verde salsa. We will be making this again for sure, even though the rice was a bit of extra work.


I'm thinking I'll see if my Mom wants to see a movie today. I am also planning to give Phoenix and her kids belated Christmas gifts. I'm going to put on a pot of chicken taco soup I saw posted at the WW meeting so I've got a healthy meal that is 1 SPV for tomorrow at work in prep for eating out at Tucanos.

No comments: