12/17/17

Reflection & Positive Thoughts


I’ve been doing a lot of thinking/reflecting these past few days.  Partly it is due to being off track since returning from Las Vegas.  I feel as though my life over the last almost 11-years has been so consumed with weight loss.  It makes me wonder if things will just always be this way?  Or if there will come a time again where I feel pretty confident in maintenance?  I’ve been there once and I hope I can get back to that.

My thoughts lately have been more about making a plan of action then self-loathing and complaining.  Yes, weight loss is hard and I do get bored with clean eating.  But, I feel so much better when I put myself and my needs first and when I am putting food that is good for me into my body.  With the first of the year approaching, while I don’t do resolutions, I will be focusing on weight loss.  I really want to be under 200 pounds when we go to Europe later in 2018.  We might have upgraded the flights to a smidge larger seats, but it is still a lot to squeeze into that tiny seat.  Boy did I feel it on our Vegas flights.  Both flights were full and so I had to sit in the middle seat.  I just felt so cramped.

I looked back at my weight record for some much needed positive reflection.  I will have to face the scale on Tuesday and I expect I to be ugly.  However, based on my WI two weeks ago, I am down 15.2 pounds from this time last year.  And, while I might spiked up after our New York vacation and New England Cruise, I am up 0.6 pounds over the last three months.  Seeing that makes me feel less deflated.  And, right now, I don’t need negative thoughts!  If I’m going to power through, I will do that much easier with the power of positive thoughts.

 

I’m a little worried about seeing my family on Christmas as I had hoped to have lost more weight.  But, they loved me when I was 300 pounds and when I was 165 pounds.  So, I suspect they still love me at 230 pounds.  It is just hard when you want to make the best appearance possible but feel like there isn’t enough time left. 

I want to make 2018 a really successful year with healthy living, activity, weight loss, and hopefully soon…maintenance. 

No comments: