12/10/17

Powering Through When Your Spirits Are Down


Peeking at the scale yesterday deflated me a little bit and it has been hard to stay on track since then.  I struggled yesterday with allowing myself to get too hungry in the evening, yet again.  I’ve got to figure that part out. 

While I did prepare different types of foods/recipes this week (utilizing many of the new 0 SPV foods), there was still something lacking.  It is hard to explain.  Kenyon and I had plans to go to Red Robin for dinner.  I knew ahead of time I would be getting the simply grilled chicken “burger” on a lettuce wrap bun.  I’d also get a side salad with ranch and probably have a few of Kenyon’s fries.  Kenyon left work late so I was staving by the time we arrived.  We had his free birthday burger to use and while the simply grilled chicken was only $2 less, to maximize our coupon value, I selected the Whiskey River BBQ chicken “burger” still lettuce wrapped but with no cheese and no tomato.  Looking up the points after and making my best guess of subtracting the bun, cheese, and chicken breast points, I think my “burger” was 20 SPV.

I had no desire to spend 20 SPV on chicken last night and if I had not gone for the Whiskey BBQ variety, which has mayo and fried onion straws on it, I would have only spent like 1 SPV (not sure how they prepare their chicken so I’d at least probably count 1 SPV).  I could have saved myself 19 SPV had I just gotten the menu item I planned on from the beginning. 

But, it tasted delicious.  And, I told Kenyon after the fact it is like my body whispered to me “thank you for giving me fat”.  He promptly told me that fat isn’t the enemy.  So while I can’t really explain it fully, there are times when I just crave something high fat/point/calories and I don’t feel content until I have it.

I wish I could say that I am content once I eat the high point food but often, it can snowball from there.  I immediately wanted an ice cream treat after we left Red Robin but thankfully I told myself in my most adult voice, “NO”, drove home, and went to bed.

It was a super high point day so I’ll see how this affects the scale on Monday and/or Tuesday.  I’ve not decided yet if I’ll pop into a meeting on Monday night or not.  I wanted to but then I’m letting the scale talk me out of it!  I had my heart set on seeing a loss with the launch of the new program.  It’s a bit of a bummer.

No comments: