11/26/15

Happy Turkey Day

I am lucky to be on a schedule that has Thanksgiving off of work this year. I am not sure if that will be the same next year so I am sure to enjoy it. We will be headed to my Mom and Dad's house for an early dinner/lunch around 1pm. I am looking forward to time with my family and some yummy turkey with all the fixings. Don't forget the wine!

I am thankful for my wonder husband, family, and friends that are always supportive and in my corner. Changing jobs at the age of 36 has been challenging and I've cried many tears to my loved ones. That support means the world to me.



I am also thinking about the loved ones that are no longer with us and those of my friends whose parents have passed away. I remember the days of being a kid anticipating the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade that we would watch in the living room while Mom and Dad prepared the afternoon feast in the kitchen. The smells, sights, and sounds are all etched in my memories. As I watch the parade drinking my coffee at my own home this morning it just isn't the same. Sometimes I miss being a kid!


I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving and I hope you have lots to be thankful for. Enjoy your time spent with family and friends.


No comments: