11/30/16

New Oatmeal Find

I found a new oatmeal at the grocery store that is pretty tasty.  It isn’t really new as I’ve seen it around.  I’m just glad I tried it!
For ease of convenience I picked up some instant oatmeal to make at work.  I sautéed an apple in olive oil, brown sugar, and cinnamon and then re-heat it before I make my oatmeal in the same Tupperware bowl.  And of course I always top my oatmeal with peanut butter and honey.  It is a tasty breakfast for those early morning hours before I get off shift.
The photo is kind of dark and the box is open which puts the opening right across the front.  The oatmeal is called OatFit.  It is 100 calories and only has 1 gram of sugar. 


That is the part that is amazing…the maple and brown sugar taste amazing for only being 100 calories and 3 SPV.  I compared this box to the Quaker Oats maple and brown reduced sugar oatmeal and OatFit is a smaller portion for 100 calories vs Quaker Oats which is 120 calories.  But OatFit also had less sugar so I decided to try it.


The first day I put in the recommended 8 ounces of hot water using our Keurig at work.  Ummmm…oatmeal soup!  So the next night I only put in 4 ounces of hot water and it was the perfect consistency.  Having the sautéed apples helped amp up the portion size.  I also considered adding some Chia seeds but I have not yet tired that.  I might need more water with Chia seeds.

My total bowl of oatmeal with the apples and peanut butter is 9 SPV.  Obviously you can make this less points but altering your recipe.

Oats: 3 SPV

Brown sugar for apples: 1 SPV

Olive oil for apples: 1 SPV

Peanut Butter: 3 PSV

Honey: 1 SPV

No comments: