11/25/16

Weekly WI Check-In & Turkey Day




Happy Day After Thanksgiving!  I meant to check in yesterday.  I was so happy to have the day off and to be able to spend it with my family.  The older I get the more important spending time with family becomes.  I hope you are also spending time with your loved ones.

As for the food…TURKEY!  Thanksgiving is my very favorite day of the year as I love turkey and mashed potatoes.  We are having twice the Turkey Day fun as we are also doing a tradition meal at work later today.  Bring it on….

I was able to pop into my favorite Tuesday AM WW meeting this week.  It was so wonderful to see Leader Donna and all my WW peeps.  I really do love that meeting and I am sad when I can’t be there.  Since we are still waiting to hear about shift bid at work next year (I’m currently sitting second to last for bidding for my shift since I left for six months and was voted off the seniority island) maybe I’ll end up on a shift where I can attend my favorite meeting.  Who knows!

Anyhow, I was feeling a bit nervous about my WI.  My week prior was really good and I ate at home several days as well as brought my lunch/snacks to work.  Last Friday I got on the scale to see how I was progressing and didn’t see much change.  I let that number on the scale mentally control me as both Friday and Saturday I consumed many high point/calorie foods and sweets.  Thankfully at my WI on Tuesday I only gained 0.6 pounds over the last two weeks.  I am mad at myself that I didn’t show a loss after two weeks.  But, I also know that I ate healthy and exercised so I just have to keep doing that…regardless of the scale number.

I go through phases where I feel good in the body I have and healthy eating/activity is not in the forefront of my brain.  Then other days I let myself get sad that I’m not anywhere close to my goal weight.  I know what needs to be done.  The hard part is DOING IT!

No comments: