11/23/16

Rollin' In The Dough

Good Morning. Sorry about the absence. I hadn't planned to be away from the blog for a few days. I was in a training all day on Monday called Emotional Survival for Law Enforcement. It was a training taught by Dr. Kilmartin, who also wrote a book on the topic. It was a great training and gave me a lot to think about. I already feel like I have a good work-life balance and I think since making the movie to Nampa and then back to ISP allowed me to continue to keep that balance in check. So many LE marriages fail and a big reason is the impact from stress while on the job.

On Monday I got an email from CBH Homes that a pumpkin pie will be delivered to our house in the afternoon as a thank you for being a valued customer. It ended up being a Costco size pie. Holy cow! On Tuesday I had plans to pick up the huckleberry apple pie that my realtor team, Christina & Co, were giving us. I volunteered to take that pie to our Thanksgiving dinner and Kenyon has been eating on the pumpkin pie. I do like pumpkin pie but often just the filling. I'm not sure why but pie crust kind of makes me feel bad after. Maybe all the excess butter? But pumpkin filling is quite tasty. We had my neighbors over for pie (and Cappuccino beer) on Monday night.

On Tuesday the pie give-away was an event at the River Room at Whole Foods in downtown Boise. I have never been to the River Room and so I am glad we went. There were appetizers and drinks (one for each and Kenyon doesn't drink so now two for Lindsay). We also ordered some food to share. It was delicious and a lot of fun.





I'm making my transition to night shift so I am sleeping on/off and unsuccessfuly trying to stay up late. I work an overtime shift until 2am (possibly unless holidy traffic dies down earlier).  

No comments: