1/24/19

12 Year WW Anniversary And A Trip Down Memory Lane


I have not had the time to sit down and write up all my thoughts on what celebrating my 12 Year WW Anniversary feels like.  Today, I have that time.  Let’s see if I can sum it all up with some cliff notes.


It has been quite the journey.  The End.

But, you see, it isn’t the end.  My journey is nowhere close to being done and it has been quite the journey.  As with every journey, there is bound to be speed bumps and detours along the way.  Sometimes we might have to look really hard to find where the next path is or continue to have faith that we are on the right path and eventually it will lead us to where we want to be.

 


I spent some time a few weeks ago looking over 12 years of WW memories.  I still have all my weight journals…which is a lot when you think of 12 years worth.

 


I also have the bookmark my very first WW leader Lynn gave us when she retired from our Nampa evening meeting.  I reached out to her when I met goal and even saw her at a future meeting years later.  The words on the back of the bookmark still ring true.

 
 


A FB memory came up today of my thoughts on my two year WW Anniversary.  In 2009, I documented that I had lost 122 pounds and we getting closer to goal.  In 2019, I have lost 92 pounds and I am getting closer to getting back under 200 pounds.  What is crazy is that I am just 30 pounds heavier than I was 10 years ago.  That feels amazing. 

 


I have saved my old bookmarks with my 5 pound stars and my LT monthly stars.  Since the reimagined WW program doesn’t do stickers anymore, I’ll cherish these memories forever. 

 


I can’t wait until I can once again weigh-in each month at my goal weight (whatever my goal weight ends up being) and start earning my yearly Lifetime charm again.  Oh boy…those happy memories of what that used to feel like is going to feel twice as good when I get there.

Don’t give up.  Keep going.  Keep pushing through the hurdles in your way and find a different path.  Maybe even follow that detour that makes you nervous because you just never know where it might lead.

 


Thank you for letting me continue to share my journey.

No comments: