1/15/19

New Recipe: Turkey Tater Tot Casserole

I tried a new spin on an old recipe. 

Have you ever tried Tater Tot Casserole? We had it a lot growing up and I’ve always love it. The traditional recipe is browned ground beef, cream of mushroom soup, and topped with tater tots. Pretty easy. I put my spin on it with ground 99% turkey breast, mixed frozen veggies, cream of mushroom, and of course, topped with tater tots.




I found a generic cream of muchroom at Albertsons that was 4 points for the entire can vs. Campbell’s Soup, which is 6 points. That helped keep the points down so I could have a full serving of tater tots. I scanned a bunch of packages and looked for one that gave me the most tots per serving. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to count correctly and the final count was 12 tots so I added one extra point. 

My 8x8 casserole was split into 4 servings which is 7 points per serving.

It’s really easy to make. Just brown your turkey and add the can of cream of mushroom, but don’t add any water like the can suggests for making soup. I pre-cooked the frozen veggies in the microwave and mixed those in. Transfer to casserole dish and top with tater tots. 

Cook at 375 for 30-40 minutes. You want the tots browned and the meat mixture bubbly. 

Enjoy!

No comments: