1/28/19

Four Day Weekend And A Movie Marathon

My four-day weekend is coming to a close. Well I’m not quite ready to go back to work, several days off in a row came at a really good time. I feel rested and rejuvenated which is what I was really needing.

I’m going to make the drive over to Jerome this afternoon for an After Incident Review on a pursuit that I dispatched last week at work. I figure since I have the day off and an opportunity to meet with my troopers face-to-face, I’m going to take it. That’s the downside to my type of job is that we work with troopers all over the state and we don’t always get to see them and network.

Friday after my weight watcher meeting, I’m at my mom for lunch at Olive Garden. We took a little bit of a walk around and popped into a few shops in the area. I had a haircut appointment and an oil change appointment so I was able to get out and take a walk while my car was being worked on. Danielle came over that evening and we watched BlacKKKlansman, which I rented through Redbox. We’re working our way through the last of the Oscar nominated movies.

I thought the movie was really well done but my favorite is still Green Book. We had more movies on the agenda for Saturday. I met Kelsey, Julie, and Danielle to see A Star Is Born. This is my second time seeing it because I did enjoy the movie, although very sad. Later that evening, I met up with Kelsey again as well as Rebecca and we saw The Favourite. Okay that was a very weird movie. The sad part is I could see it taking that award for Best Picture because that’s just kind of how The Academy rolls. But will know here in a few weeks.

Sunday was low-key and while I really wanted to sit on the couch all day, I am feeling the rush to get my miles in for my January Apple Watch Activity Challenge. So I convinced Kenyon to go for a walk. We also had a bite to eat as a second breakfast at a nearby restaurant we’ve been wanting to try. I’m really glad Kenyon went for a walk with me because it was much more enjoyable. And we covered 2.5 miles. 

I finished my day by watching Roma on Netflix. This is another one of the nominated films and it is very slow. I am glad I stuck it out because it was definitely an interesting movie. It could be a contender. Even though I still don’t think it’s much of a story.

And that brings me to today. I logged just a little over 2 miles on the treadmill since I know I’m going to be sitting for most of the day. Kenyon mentioned that he’d like to do some activity this evening so maybe I’ll get another 30 minutes or so on the treadmill. The difficult part about pushing myself so hard here at the end is that I know I’m going to start to feel it in my body. But I’m determined to get this award so I have to keep going.

Have a great day.

No comments: