1/1/19

Happy New Year & Welcome 2019

Good Morning and Happy New Year!


Technically it’s almost afternoon. 

We’ve checked out if our hotel and are waiting for our table since we slept past the breakfast hours at the hotel. We had a great night celebrating New Years Eve in downtown Boise. It was brisk and we didn’t make it until midnight, but we enjoyed our evening.

We stopped by 10 Barrel for dinner and then continued to the 6th Annual Idaho Potato Drop festivities. My friend Jenny Ware gave us VIP passes she acquired through her work and wasn’t planning to use. The tickets included a tent to stay warm, appetizers, and a free drink.




The tent wasn’t warm enough you could take off your coat but after being outside in the elements, it did make a difference. We planned to stick around until 10pm for the prize drawing but it was just so dead and cold. I saw on the news at that at midnight it was packed. I’m guessing people waited until late to go out there. 







We retreated back to the hotel for Black Forest birthday cake in honor of Kenyon’s birthday and to snuggle up and watch the Rockin’ New Years Eve on TV. I’m glad it wasn’t raining in Boise like in NYC.

We made it as far as 11pm and I thought for sure I’d wake up when the fireworks went off. Nope, I was sound asleep. Some patrons in the hotel woke me at 1:30am when they were rolling in for bed.

I’ve been seeing a lot of people glad 2018 is gone. I’m very fortunate that each year has been a good year for us. As long as I have Kenyon, I’m good.

Cheers to 2019!






No comments: