1/8/19

Starting The Work Week


Good Morning

It’s the start of my work week and thankfully, not as crazy as I heard yesterday was.  My days off were flexed due to extra staffing on Monday so I can work Friday when we are short.  There was a huge snow storm that came through the Eastern end of our state causing all sorts of issues with motorists.  I was happy for the day off and feeling sad for my coworkers.  We’ve also had some sort of stomach bug come through the dispatch center so it was a busy weekend looking for coverage and overtime.  Ugh.

Thinking about the many coworkers that were out sick makes me extra thankful that I take good care of myself.  Overall, I don’t really get sick that often.  And, I believe that putting good foods into your body, exercising, and staying away from children (which tend to be germ-y) helps too!  Ha.  Yes, I’m so glad I don’t have school age kids that can bring home germs.  Ewwwwww….

Being back at work forces me to get back on track.  I have no idea what was up with me yesterday but I was snacky all day long.  I had a different breakfast that I usually do so that could have been why.  And, I’ve been rocking the activity so that could be it too.  But, I was able to combat it and earn my blue dot.


Earning blue dots has not been my strong suit this month.  I’ve got up my game there for sure.  I start out on track/tracking and then by lunch or dinner, I’ve gone into higher point foods and usually lose my blue dot for the day.  My tracking also gets kind of loose because I’m craving a high point food that I want to eat vs. stress over the points.  So, I eat it and enjoy the heck out of it.  But, I went overboard a couple of days and my stomach hurt.

We went to Red Robin on Saturday with Emma after I took her to the YMCA to swim with Phoneix’s kids.  Phoneix and I walked on the treadmill for a little over two miles.  I knew I should have had a snack before the gym so both Emma and I were starving after.  I ended up going overboard at Red Robin because I let myself get too hungry.  Oh well, that is in the past and I’m moving forward.

My only eating out plans this week are Wednesday night.  The new mini challenge at Old Chicago kicks of that evening.  This go round, you only have to complete 10 items and there are many more food choices so I’ll have help from Kenyon.  And, I should be able to bust it out faster too.  I’m super stoked for the thermal I Love Beer shirt that I’ll earn.  WhoooHoooo.

WI is this Saturday where I’ll start attending that meeting or perhaps Friday morning.  I’m looking forward to getting back into the weekly routine of accountability. 

Well I suppose I’ve rambled enough.  Have a great day.


No comments: