1/12/19

Weekly WI: Adios Holiday Gain

I'm sorry for my absence yesterday. It was another busy day at work but at the end of it was my weekend. Yippie.

I attended the Saturday AM WW workshop at the Meridian Studio. I really liked the group and the leader so I'll be back for sure. It is nice to feel like I have a WW home for the next few months. It also feels good to have some mojo back.

My week of tracking and exercising paid off. My holiday weight gain is all gone and I lost even 0.2 pounds more than that. My total lost this week was 2.6 pounds. I'm also in the 215s. I'm super stoked.




It appears today is National Recommitment Day. I didn't even know this was a thing but I could see how it would be difficult to sick with your commitment after a few weeks.



The truth is change is hard. And, it can feel overhwelming most of the time. We talked in our workshop out small behavioral changes that we can work on to help us achieve our goals. The example the coach used was going from three scoops to ice cream each evening to a bowl of grapes. As a group, we came up with ideas on how to slowly work towards achieving that goal. So, maybe the first week you cut down to two scoops. Then the next week you eat ice cream four days and week and grapes three days a week. Change doesn't even have to occur weekly. Maybe you would like to eat ice cream for several weeks and slowly start to incorporate more days of grapes. Really, you have to do what works for you as that is how small changes can yield big results. 

I hope you are all having a great Saturday.

No comments: