1/5/19

Saturday Check-In

Good Morning

I didn’t get a chance to check in yesterday due to a very busy day and a fun special work assignment.

I had the privilege of working the Command Post for the Governor Inauguration. It was really neat and thankfully uneventful from a law enforcement standpoint. I was honored to be a part of our 33rd Governor festivities.

I’ve got weekends off for the next three months. This is very exciting and yet I just want to stay home and veg. We have no plans on the agenda except for Grandpa’s 89th Birthday on Sunday. 

I was planning to meet Phoenix at the gym but she didn’t have a babysitter so perhaps later today or tomorrow. It sure helps to have somebody to chat with while exercising. Last week I did a WW APTIV workout and really enjoyed it. I’ll do a different one today. I’m also still eager to try a weight lifting one.

Despite feeling exhausted with early mornings (hello 6am shift vs. 10am shift) I’ve been making good progress with my January Apple Watch Challange in walking 103.3 miles this month.

I’m reminding myself that every extra 5 minutes counts as does all the little movements throughout the day.




With that, the treadmill is calling.

No comments: