3/1/19

New Recipe: Chicken And White Bean Enchiladas With Creamy Salsa Verde


I tried a new recipe that was a little time consuming, and a little messy, but totally worth it.  It was delicious. 


Since I don’t ever follow a recipe exactly, I made a few modifications:

I omitted the beans because Kenyon doesn’t like beans.  Instead, I had my beans on the side

I used 1 SPV tortillas

I used Trader Joes light Mexican shredded cheese and measured out half an ounce rolled into each enchilada

Poor planning meant I didn’t have chicken bouillon on hand so I ended up halving the chicken stock and just adding water to make up for it

I didn’t have enough sour cream and since I had bought jarred Salsa Verde, thinking it was needed, I added some of that

So…take it for what it is worth but this still turned out delicious.

 


I served it up with some cauliflower Mexican rice and black beans.

 


I counted two enchiladas as 6 points.  2 SPV for two tortillas, 2 SPV for the cheese, and 2 SPV for the sauce.

This recipe was just as good reheated.

 

No comments: