3/20/19

New Finds

I have some new stuff to share with you.
I spotted the new WW Silicone Popcorn Popper at a meeting a few weeks ago.  This was just after my Academy Awards Party and I was in desperate need of more popcorn kernels.  So, I finally had a chance to break out my new purchase and see how it worked out.
 

Oh. My. Gosh.  This popcorn popper is amazing!  I liked it immediately when I took it out of the box.  I love how it folds down for easy storage and that you have two measuring lines already built inside the bottom of the popper.  My current popcorn popper is glass and I don’t feel as though it pops all the kernels.  That is not the case with the WW popper. 
 

I was actually thinking it might overflow before I heard the popping slow.  Whoops.  Hey, I’m not complaining…I love popcorn!  A WW leader years ago give me the idea to add my healthy oil in with the kernels before popping.  So, I pour a little olive oil and let it pop.  I don’t feel you need anything extra added but I do shake on some of the butter popcorn seasoning.
Air popped popcorn is a really great low point snack and if you are following Simply Filling, it is one of the included foods.
 
My other new items is Italian Sweet Cream Sugar-Free Coffee Mate creamer. 
 
I am just not a fan of almond milk.  I tried it and I convinced myself it was okay since it was lower points than half and half.  But, I never really loved it.  My Mom was telling me she went back to Coffee Mate and got the Sugar Free Vanilla, which still allows you to have 3 Tbs for 1 SPV.  Guys…that means three coffee cups for 1 point!  Yeah!  I went in search for either Vanilla or Hazelnut and spotted the Italian Sweet Cream, which was a nice surprise.  I really wish they would make Coconut in sugar free too.
 
After not having coffee creamer for a long time, this was super sweet.  I had to dial back to 1 Tbs and event sometimes I can get away with less.  I’ve been drinking bold coffee flavors so that helps reduce the sweetness too.  I’m really enjoying this change.
I hope your day is filled with coffee.

No comments: