3/4/19

Weekend


Good Afternoon.

It was a short weekend but still filled with fun (and sun).

I worked Saturday, which is what allowed me to have the previous Tuesday off.  Then, our Tuesday Old Chicago plans got shifts to Saturday so after work, a group of nine of us met to work on the St. Patty’s Mini Tour.

 



I got my tour complete (yahoooo) but they were out of shirts.  I’ve had to order one on line and I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it arrives before Saturday March 16th.  I’ve got plans brewing for St. Patty’s Day.

Sunday was my only day off and it started with sleeping in.  Once we got up around and tried a new restaurant for breakfast/brunch called Big Daddy’s BBQ.  We really enjoyed it and we plan to return.  They had the best brisket.  It was tender and practically fell apart.  The sad part is they aren’t very fast on the service so you need to be patient and/or not show up starving.

After brunch we ran a few grocery errands and then I set out on foot for a long walk.  My March Apple Activity Watch Challenge is going to be a tough one.  I need to double my Movement Calories (currently 470 calories) three times this month.  It is doable.  But, the times I can remember earning that much movement is when I did an intense workout followed by lots of errands/running around/house cleaning.  And, each time, I remember feeling exhausted afterwards.  Oh boy, I wasn’t wrong.

 


I found two Aaptiv workouts that were each about 30 minutes and involved walking outdoors.  It is crazy that the loop I decided to take on my walk didn’t last as long as I’d though.  Not too far into my walk, my upper left thigh started to hurt so it was a painful 45 minutes total.

I met Phoenix and the kids at Highlands Hollow for beer and appetizers before grabbing my groceries at Trader’s Joes and heading back home.  I was still unable to get my 200% movement calories and decided to walk up and down the stairs at my house to try and meet my goal.  I’d already come so far…
The final push was after dinner where I started up my Apple Watch and tracked the movement while I cleaned up the kitchen.  200% of my daily movement goal met…it was exhausting. 

 


I’m going to be kind to my body through the week and see if I can do a big activity day over my upcoming weekend.  This activity challenge might seriously kill me.

I’m working on better eating/tracking this week now that I’m feeling the push towards WI on Friday.  My food/beer consumption on Saturday and Sunday left me feeling really bloated last night.  I am trying really hard to make my day 100% on track, then somewhere by afternoon, it starts to dwindle. 

 


I know I may see a gain at the sale this week.  That makes me nervous and anxious.

No comments: