5/11/19

Missouri Vacation: Lebanon


The second leg of our trip took us to Lebanon, MO.  This is where both my Grandma and Grandpa Amos grew up.  I really enjoyed seeing all my Amos family and was left wishing I had more days and more time.  I can’t wait until our next trip.


The drive from St. Louis to Lebanon was much calmer than the drive from Kansas City to St. Louis.  That drive along I-70 is flat out scary.  So we enjoyed our Sunday drive south on I-44.  On my last visit, my Mom and I drove to Rolla and had spotted Uranus Fudge Factory alongside the interstate.  It seemed like a great stopping place to use the bathroom and snap some photos.  There is so much to see that we will have to schedule a return visit with more time.  This was a hilarious place.



Our time in Lebanon was mainly schedule for family.  We rolled into town just in time for Sunday lunch/dinner at Glenda and Steve’s house.  My cousin Glenda and her brother’s father, Wilbert, was a brother to my Grandpa Amos.  We were able to visit with Glenda and Steve, their son Joseph, his wife Laura, and three of their adorable children.  We missed seeing Jane Ann, who lives in Springfield, because she wasn’t feeling well.  My cousin Gary and his wife Diana was also there along with their son Josh and grandkids Hannah and Isaac.  We missed Joh’s wife Stephanie as she was at work but I did get to say hello to her.  I just love my time spent with family and eating delicious home cooking.  I also love my cousin’s wives and so wish we lived closer.

The only full day devoted to Lebanon started out by taking advantage of the laundry facilities at the hotel.  By lunchtime, my cousin Delilah picked us up and meet with her husband Bob for a bite to eat.  Since we typically look forward to home cooked meals, it was a nice treat to eat at Elm Street Eatery in town.  The food was so good that we went back for breakfast the next day.  After lunch, we stopped by the Route 66 Museum and learned all about Lebanon.  Having my cousin Delilah there was really neat because she share so many of her memories with us.  Delilah also drove us through town to look at a few of the landmarks we learned about.


By evening time, we headed out to my cousin Delilah’s house where she rounded up all her siblings for more home cooking.  Delilah and her sibling’s father, Ralph, was also a brother to my Grandpa Amos.  It was really great to visit both sets of cousins.  We saw Delilah and her husband Bob, Don and his wife Susie, David and his wife Velta, and Mike and his wife Jan.  We had so much fun visiting it was hard to leave. 

No visit to Lebanon is complete without a stop in at T’s Redneck Steakhouse.  I don’t really like the food per se but I do love the homemade moonshine!  I brought home three bottles to hold me over until our next trip.  The strawberry mixed with light lemonade is the best combination.

Our final stop is Kansas City, to include both Missouri and Kansas.
To read about our St. Louis Adventures click here <-----

No comments: