5/13/19

Time To Face The Scale & Re-Focus


It feels like it has been forever since I’ve blogged about weight loss.  Since I do enjoy blogging about travel and life, I try to strike a balance.  But, it has taken me 12 years to realize that if I don’t keep weight loss front and center in my life, it is too easy to slip back into old habits. 

 


I am happy to report that I got myself right back on track upon our return from Missouri.  I’ve been wanting to clean things up for a while now.  Being off plan makes me feel tired and sluggish and I hate that overall yuck feeling.  I hit up the grocery stores and did some pre-planning of my meals as well as some pre-tracking.  I made a delicious cake for Mother’s Day that was WW-friendly and I even pre-tracked a slice.  Since I was hosting the festivities last Saturday, of course my coworkers decided to order pizza that day.  Doh.  But, I chose not to have pizza and chose a piece of cake instead. 

 
The piece is much bigger for 7 points.  This was taken on Day 2 of more yummy dessert


This is why tracking helps me stay on track.  I am more focused and aware of my food choices when I am counting the points.  We can fool ourselves that the points/calories don’t matter but they do matter.  As far as the month of May goes, anything is an improvement April.  Oy, not a good month for tracking or earning blue dots.

 


WW sends me a text message every Wednesday with some motivational quotes.  Last week’s quote really resonated with me. 

 


I had a rough month of April and while I am going to continue to work hard to put that guilt behind me, I also let those around me start to affect my thinking.  My journey is my own and nobody else knows what it is really like.  They only see what I allow them to see.  That can be one major negative from having such an open weight loss and maintenance journey. 

 


Thankfully, I don’t have to live with these people every day and so I am going to choose to move forward, re-focus, and put my best foot forward.

I have no idea what the scale will show tomorrow and I’m super nervous.  I’m going to be prepping myself as I drove to my WW Studio that even if there is another huge gain, I’ll continue to work hard to get back down where I am more comfortable.  If I’ve learned anything from 2013-2016 and once again from 2016-2019, it is that pretending the weight gain doesn’t exist or is “not big deal” is the wrong attitude.  I won’t bury my head in the sand this time.  I’ll face these large gains head on, even if that means it will take all year to get it back off.

No comments: