5/26/19

Pre-Planning & Pre-Tracking For Success


I’ve been working hard this week on tracking and earning blue dots.  My days off were tough because we ate out a few times, which accounted for a larger amount of points than I’m used to.  I feel like I did really great balancing it all but I occasionally felt restrictive too.  It is a fine balance when trying to earn that blue dot if you plan to eat out much.  Since I have no desire to give up eating out, hopefully the lower point days off-set the higher point days.  I’m also trying to remind myself that it is okay to eat over your daily points and it is also okay to not earn that blue dot.  I think by focusing on the dot, it keeps me from going way overboard.

 

The other thing that has helped me this week is planning ahead to days where I will need to use extra points (i.e. Hailey’s Birthday Pizza Party).

 

I made sure I had a low point breakfast, which really is my every-day breakfast, packed a 0 SPV snack, and a low point (mostly 0 SPV) lunch.  This allowed me to have a lot of my daily points left for my evening meal.

 

I also pre-tracked as much as I could thinking ahead on what I’ll eat.  Of course, that meant I had to stick to that plan…but at least I knew where I was and would be able to make the choice to eat more pizza, drink more beer, etc. when the time came.

 


The hardest part of eating low throughout the day to try and save points for later is that it can make me super hungry.  And, usually after a large point meal with low volume, I can be super hungry the next day too. We had a change of plans and had pizza at my sister's house so I had to adjust my points accordingly.  And, I ended up eating more pizza (plus there were breadsticks) than planned.  Then, I blew through the rest of my WSPA by finishing off the Rocky Road ice cream.  But hey, that is what Weekly Points are for. 

No comments: