5/31/19

My 50 Point Day

I decided to document my food Wednesday so I could share a glimpse of how tracking/food shakes out in my world when I have social plans.  Wednesday night I had a Paint Nite event with three of my friends.  It was the start of my week and I don’t have anything else on the agenda this week.  So, I knew I would be going over my DSPA, which is 24, and using some WSPA.

Here is what a 50 point day looks like:

This is my usual breakfast.  I cook my frozen potatoes in olive oil and add a couple eggs, or I make egg cups with egg beaters and light mozzarella cheese.  Sometimes I have bacon or chicken sausage and I always have coffee!  Breakfast used to be one of my biggest point meals of the day but now eggs are 0 SPV.



I almost always have at least one iced coffee a day, usually from Starbucks.  This day it was from Human Bean.  I drink Americanos with two or three Splenda and a little bit of cream, which I count as 2 points.



Lunch ended up being an impromptu meet-up with The Hubs during his work day.  I was craving pizza after talking about foods we are not willing to give up.  I knew the pizza buffet might tempt me too much so I ordered the two topping personal sized pizza, half with pineapple for me and half with bacon for Kenyon.  I did my best guess one what my two slices if chicken and pineapple with white sauce would be, tracked it, and moved on.  My salad was all 0 SPV veggies/beans/pineapple and a little bit of ranch I dipped my fork in on the side.  I LOVE that beans are 0 SPV now.




I knew I was having a pretzel at the brewery where Paint Nite was later in the day and knowing I’d be spending a lot of points on that and beer, I was stressed out!  I hate feeling like I have to micro-manage my point.  Plus, I’ve lost the last two weeks eating all my WSPA and having sugar/desserts.  So, I don’t know what was stressing me per se but I can have the worst internal battles with myself.

Despite all that above, I met up with my sister before picking Danielle up for Paint Nite so I stopped by for a second coffee of the day.  This was a skinny sugar free mocha, which Lucky Perk uses real chocolate milk so they taste the best.  I asked for half chocolate milk and half fat free milk.  Again, points were based on best guess from searching the WW database.  I went for a small since I knew the mocha would cost more points than my Americano.



Paint Nite was a lot of fun.  We went to CopenRoss, which is the first time I’ve been.  The beer selection was amazing and the food was good.  The service...only so-so.  I’ll have to give them another chance.  I had one flight of beer, two light and two dark, and then Danielle and I shared the second flight.  I love getting a flight because you can try more beers and it is a smaller pour thus less points!



I had my giant pretzel and shared with the table.  It was delicious. I was going to try and “white knuckle it” the remainder of the evening since I’d used so many points but I was starving.  And, I might have accidentally drank my paint brush water...twice.  So, I needed something more substantial than pretzel and beers in my stomach.  I went for a chicken burrito that was served with chips, which I didn’t eat all of either.  Again, really good food.

I factored up the points for my beer and then I added 20 points for the CopenRoss food.  I’m sure it was way more than that, but I am happy with that number and my overall day.  There you go, a 50 point day.  Of course, not everyday can be a 50 point day or I’d have never reached my goal weight.  I’ll balance this day with the rest of my week.

Here are the Paint Nite photos.  The painting always looks easier than it actually feels out but it turned out cute.






No comments: