6/7/19

Confessions Part V


I did absolutely nothing yesterday. 

Like didn’t even get out of my pjs nothing. 

I both loved it and stressed about it. 

Kenyon and I had a lazy morning yesterday.  We slept in and then made some breakfast at home.  Afterward, we worked on some trip planning for July.  It was noon-ish by the time I sat down to blog by day and then lunchtime.  Since neither of us had any umph to get moving, I made us some lunch than proceeding to couch-surf the rest of the day.

I had plans to go to an afternoon class at the gym.  But, the motivation never struck.  I was even thinking that if I didn’t get moving, this would be the day I’d break my activity streak of 62 days.  I just didn’t want to do anything productive and just wanted to rest.

So I did.

But, I also felt really guilty.  I should have been exercising.  I should have been getting in my miles/steps.  I should have been more productive.

Maybe if I wasn’t sitting on the couch all day, I wouldn’t have snacked so much either.  Or gnawed on my finger nails/cuticles because I was anxious of what a day off would mean.  It didn’t help the guilt feeling that I had gone way over my points on Wednesday.

Eh.

By time 9pm rolled around, I was so close to meeting my daily movement goal that I just couldn’t let my streak die.  I cheated a bit and after walking around the house for 5-sih minutes, I started up the activity tracker, did some high knees, kicks, squats, etc. and the streak lives another day.
 
 

No comments: