6/16/19

Happy Father's Day


Happy Father’s Day

 

I’m looking forward to celebrating Father’s Day with my family after work.  I always enjoy time with family.

There are so many people that have lost their father.  My heart goes out to you.  I have been lucky enough to have my father and my grandfather both in my life and still with us.  I also have a lovely father-in-law.

 

My Dad is a quiet man, unless politics are involved.  He worked hard to provide for us and commuted most days in busy rush hour traffic.  He is enjoying retirement, which is well deserved.  And I swear he has not change in years…maybe just a little grayer.

 
Tiny Lindsay is next to Dad's elbow

Grandpa is 89.  He is the only grandpa I’ve ever known.  My maternal grandpa and both great-grandpas all passed before I was born.  He is also a quiet man.  And he doesn’t like to smile in photos, which is typical for the other men in his family line.  We love this man to pieces.

 
This is my sister Katie in a four-generation photo

I hope all your Dads have a great day.  Put your feet up, enjoy a beverage of choice, and take a load off.

No comments: