6/21/19

Deep Thoughts For A Friday


Morning.  Happy Friday to those starting their weekend.  As usual, I’m starting my work week….wah…I’m not ready.  But, I’m hopefully having some fun this afternoon as I’ve coordinated a work Family Picnic Party in the park.  Let the fun begin!

I haven’t had the best start to my healthy living week and I’ve been swamped Wednesday and Thursday that I’ve not gotten in enough steps/miles.  Gah!  It feels stressful but I’m going to keep plugging along and do my very best each day left of this week and this month.  It is crazy June is almost over.

Oh yeah…Hello Summer!  Sadly, our temps have taken a dive but we are to come back up this week.

I had a nice FB Memory pop up reminding me of my 25 pound re-loss charm that I earned two years ago.

 


Even though I’ve not had the best week with food/splurges, I am 11 pounds lighter than I was two years ago.  That makes me really happy.  I’m a mix of mental emotions when I think of weight loss vs. maintenance vs. gaining. Of course, I hate gaining weight.  I mean unless you have a medical condition that requires to you put on weight, nobody really likes that.  Maintenance is nice if it is the alternative to gaining weight.  And, it is really awesome if you are where you want to be and/or content with where you are in your journey.  Losing is only fun when…well…you are losing.  But boy does it feel good to see the pounds drop off and feeling super awesome in your clothing.

That is where the mental hang up is lately.  I want to be lower and after thinking back on 209, which I saw in March, I miss that and want to get back down there.  When I see photos from my under 200 days, I remember how great that felt.  Well, I first remember what a struggle it was but now, in hindsight, I see it was a good thing.  And, I so desperately want to be there.

But I also desperately want to have fun and my kind of fun comes with food and alcohol.  I am not willing to cut that.  Where do we go from here?  Boy don’t I wish I had the answer. 

One day at a time. 

One meal at a time.

No comments: