6/8/19

More Recipes From The Pound Dropper


I wanted to share a couple dinner recipes I’ve made recently. 

After having a lot of success and positive comments on the The Pound Dropper Lightened Up Cream Cheese Chocolate Cake, I spent some time looking over other recipes on her website.  She has some great stuff on there and the points are included.

Both recipes were made in the Instant Pot, which is one of my favorite ways to cook meats.  And, they both included pasta because I was craving it.

The first recipe we tried was Creamy Italian Chicken.  This recipe was super easy to make and only needed one other pot since the fettuccini cooked separately. 

 



I have no idea why but by the time my chicken was done, it is bursting with pepper taste.  Kenyon noticed it too.  I followed the recipe exactly so either the Italian dressing mix packet I used had extra pepper in it or since I was prepping my ingredients beforehand, the pepper infused in the garlic. I had put the garlic, salt, and pepper together in a dish ahead of time.  When it was time to add it, the moisture from the garlic had made the salt and pepper stick to the dish.  That is all I can think of that would have made it a bit too peppery.  Oh well.  It was still good.

The second recipe we tried was Creamy Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta.  This was a one-pot dish using the Instant Pot since the pasta cooked in the pot (after sautéing/browning the chicken first).

 



I don’t know why but every time I thought of making this, I felt it needed peas too.  So, I cooked them separate and added them after cooking.  Thankfully, I didn’t put them in the pot because I don’t think it needs peas after all.  Also, I didn’t put enough ranch mix in so maybe I’d add more next time.  I bought mini penne pasta so I felt like I got a bigger portion that way.  I cut my recipe in half, except still added plenty of 0 SPV chicken, and make four servings vs. eight.  I find that pasta with creamy sauce doesn’t re-heat as well. 

I’m having leftovers for dinner tonight….sans peas.

No comments: