6/19/19

Oh Hello Wednesday

Good Morning

We are having a realtor come to the house this morning to evaluate if we have enough equity to get rid of our PMI (Private Mortgage Insurance).  We have already checked in with our realtor and know that should be good.  Building a new home in a Phase 1 neighborhood has it benefits in that your home grows in value as it continues to develop.  Also, we are in an area that has exploded for growth and cost, which is great news.  Now, if it just stay this high over the next 10 years that will be awesome.  Anyway, she needs to snap a few photos so I’m doing some cleaning this morning.  Our house is almost always ready for a visitor but in this case, I’ll spruce it up a bit more.

I also need to get my activity done for the day.  I usually attend a morning gym class but with the realtor coming, I’ll stick around the house.  I’ll miss the actual appointment though as I have to leave for my hair appointment.  I love hair cut day!  

I’m meeting Phoenix and Brenda for lunch and a gab session.  I’ve not seen Brenda since December so it will be nice to catch up.  She has just been to Cabo.  I’ve never done an all-inclusive beach stay so I’d love to hear more.  Judging by her photos, she had a great time.  I’m not really a beach/sun/hot person but if I have shade and a drink in my hand, I could get behind that.

Not other plans on the agenda for today.  I’m feeling nervous again with my food/alcohol already this week.  It is just crazy how quickly I can shift from “I’ll eat at home” to “let’s go out (or order pizza in).”  Nothing really going on the rest of this week so I must sit down, meal plan, and grocery shop so I can make this week a good week.  It’s the last WI of June next week.

Kenyon and I met up with Phoenix last night at Mesa Tacos + Tequila in Nampa for Taco Tuesday.  They had a huge wait at 7pm so we stopped into PreFunk across the street for a pre-appetizer beer.  I went for a half pour since I had not planned anything more than one margarita.  

Our table was finally ready so we headed back to Mesa.  It is a new restaurant in town and very popular.  I would go back for a drink and the chip and trio dip (queso, salsa, and guacamole) but I didn’t love the tacos.  I’m a snob when it come to tortillas.  The margarita was good and they also serve tequila flights.  So, for atmosphere alone, I’d be back.  

We finished our night at Craft Lounge, also a new place in Nampa.  I loved their spin on an Old Fashioned which included pecan bitters.  It was delicious and next time I’ll order it with an ice cube.  The bourbon whiskey was so smooth.  We plan to go back during happy hour for half priced drinks so we can try more of the expensive menu.  I didn’t love the atmosphere as much as Gas Lantern in Boise but we will be back for sure.




I am loving this phase of life and enjoying the most out of my the summer before I turn 40.  I really do think life just keeps getting better and better with age.

No comments: