6/26/19

Go Out There And Be Confident

Today I had the neatest experience and wanted to share with you.  WI wasn’t that exciting so I’ll share that tomorrow.



I finally had the guts to wear my form fitting workout capris to the gym today.  I even popped into a couple nearby stores afterwards.

As I was crossing the parking lot from the gym to Walgreens, I came across a guy who was getting out of his car.  I think he worked at the gym and he was wearing business casual attire.  He called out to me and saying "Good job. Keep it up."  Then he stopped me and asked if he could get my opinion. He wanted to know if the color of his shirt and pants went together.  He shared that he needed to wash his shirt and this back-up shirt was all he had available.  “Be honest", he said.  I told him I thought it looked just fine but I wasn't up on the latest fashion dos/don'ts.  I added that today was the first time I was wearing this tight of pants in public to the gym.  So, I asked him, "Be honest.  Can I pull this off?” 

He told me the capris looked good and that he was proud of me for wearing them.  He wished me one more "Good luck" and to "Keep up the good work".

Confidence always matters most.  And little by little, I’ve been more confident to wear these workout capris to the gym.  I had decided today was the day and was glad I chose this day and had this particular experience.  I also noticed that every other woman in my exercise class today was wearing form fitting capris or pants.  It made me think that if they can wear them, I can wear them too.


Go out there and be confident today.

No comments: