7/14/19

100 Day Streak


One of the main reasons I wanted an Apple Watch was for the Activity Tracker.  The tracker is made up of three rings:

Pink is for Movement.  This is your total movement through your day and consists of any movement the watch has, daily steps, heart rate monitoring, etc.  It also tracks movement when you use the Workout App and applied it to your daily movement.  The watch suggests a movement goal but you can always change it at any time.

Green is for Exercise.  The Apple Watch likes 30 minutes of exercise a day which uses the Workout App.  I’ve found out that the Workout App likes your heart rate to be in a certain “zone” and so I can walk a 5K and not even close my circle.  A bit of a bummer if you ask me!  Unless I need to track an indoor/outdoor walk, I usually just pick the open setting, which gives me the most movement credit.

Blue is for Stand.  The Apple Watch wants you to get up and move around at least once each hour for 12 hours within your day.  It will even remind you to stand the last ten minutes of each hour if it has not detected any movement.  Moving from the couch to the kitchen for a snack and back to the couch sometimes won’t register movement.

I’ve shared many times that my Apple Watch rewards me with different types of awards and one of them is a Longest Move Streak.  Apparently if you close your Movement Ring each day, it starts to track the streak.  I broke my last streak of 45 days a few months ago and wanted to keep it going until I at least earned my 100 day streak.

Yesterday was that day!

 


(music playing We Are The Champions)

I’m not sure how long I’ll keep the streak going but as long as I’m also working on getting in a workout of at least 15 minutes, I’m meeting my daily goal.  I am currently set at 470 calories but after this 100 day streak, I’m thinking I need to up it to 500 calories. 

My July Apple Watch Activity Challenge is going well.  I took a rest day on Friday just so I could give my body some recovery, even though I know each day is important with vacation coming up. 

 


After walking so many miles last month, it is nice to have a variety this month.  It is also less pressure to get in my workout when it only has to be 15 minutes.  I’ve been attending classes at the gym, doing some Walk Away The Pound DVD workouts, walking on the treadmill, and using my Aaptiv App for various strength and treadmill workouts.

It has been a good month for renewed activity motivation.

No comments: