7/2/19

McCall Girls Weekend - Saturday

To read about our Friday Adventures, click here <--

After getting to bed around midnight, I woke up way too early on Saturday morning.  We lounged around and then took in the Farmer’s Market.




I was in desperate need of food (I was with a group of people that don’t eat much) and stopped into a nearby coffee shop for a breakfast sandwich.  Phoenix decided it was a good stop when she saw they had a bloody mary on the menu.  Afterwards we walked around downtown.








When it was finally time for food, the hottest spot in town is My Father’s Place.  The line was out the door but the wait for food once you ordered was quick.  They have a nut burger that is really good.




We walked back to the condo and used the car to stop at Broken Horn Brewing Company, the farthest from town near the airport.  Phoenix and I shared a flight and Wendy tried the homemade sangria, which was really good too.




We also used the car to stop into Lardos once again to get our Passport stamp from Friday and Albertsons for a few items.  After we returned to the condo we went back out on foot visiting Anchor Restaurant and The Yacht Club, which are in the same building.




Phoenix and Kris headed to Salmon River Brewing again but I had my eyes set on visiting Ice Cream Alley.  The line was long but was worth the wait.




That is where my photos from the weekend end.   Dinner was at Toll Station, which was just okay.  We walked back to the condo so we could drink more on the alcohol we brought with us and had plans to go to The Forester Club again for a local band out of Ketchum.  We never made it though.  Instead, Phoenix and Kris went across the street to a movie rental store and came back with Fighting With My Family.  We stayed in for a movie, some visiting, and drinks.  

The highlight of the weekend was when we heard fireworks outside and went out to view.  The door opened from the inside and was still locked so we were now locked out of the condo.  We had no shoes and no phones!  Thanks to modern technology, my Apple Watch called Kenyon, who was asleep, so he could get the lockbox code from my email since it was in an attachment I couldn’t view on my phone.  Oh man…we won’t be making that mistake again.  Thanks Kenyon for coming to our rescue.

It was another late night that ended around midnight.  We had to round up on Sunday and vacate the condo at 11am.  We planned to go to breakfast at The Pancake House, which was over an hour wait.  Doh!  The others seemed to not be hungry but I wasn’t feeling good and knew I needed to stop for food.  We ended up at the restaurant/cafe in Banks, which sits on the river and you can watch the whitewater rafters.


The drive home was long and filled with a line of cars returning to the Valley.  It feels good to be home.




No comments: