7/12/19

New Find At The Grocery Store


I had a new food find I wanted to share with you.

 

I found these Mission Street Tacos Carb Balance Whole Wheat at my local Winco Store and I sure do hope they keep them around.  I was plesatnly surprised to scan them with the WW app and see they are 1 point per tortilla. 

They are small and the perfect size for a few tacos, which is what we used them for recently.  We bought some carne asada from a local meat shop which was delicious.  It is nice you can have two or three tacos and not break the points budget.  I’d been wanting to use them for mini pizzas and finally pulled together the rest of the ingredients a few night ago.

 

They made the best little pizzas and since I added actual “pizza cheese” from the store, it tasted really yummy.

I’d been thinking they would make a great cheese quesadilla for a quick snack.  Two tortilla and 1 oz of Trader Joe’s light mozzarella would just be 3 points.  When we visit my Aunt Barb in New Mexico, she keeps on hand in her freezer sautéed peppers and onions.  I decided to do this as well with some reduced bin peppers I found at Fred Meyer.  They are in my freezer waiting for morning egg scrambles.  All I have to do is break off a small chunk and thaw it in the pan before I add my eggs.  I also add salsa and cheese.  These tortilla were the perfect breakfast taco, of which I had two for 3 points including the 0.5 oz of cheese I added.  Mmmmmm….

Honestly, I can’t wait to have mini pizzas again soon.

No comments: