7/7/19

Annual National Weight Control Registry Survey


My annual survey for the National Weight Control Registry has been completed.

 


 


I finally decided to bite the bullet and answer the questions.  It isn’t about the same of weight gain but gathering stats that help assist others in losing, maintaining, and gaining weight.  I really like the true/false section about behaviors.  Sometimes, it can be an ah-ah moment.  This one always makes me laugh.

 

Uh yea…my weight has been all over the place within the last ten years.  I’m hoping it will stabilize at some point where I can stop answering that question false.
 


We had an interesting conversation pre-WW workshop two weeks ago.  A fellow member asked me how I was doing and if I’d had a loss.  I had not, and told her that is was okay.  I shared about my weight loss journey since my highest re-gain in July of 2016 and I was still down 30 pounds.  I heard another member lean over and say, “I wish I could lose 30 pounds.”  Boy does that put your struggles into perspective.

 


While I feel as though I have so much to lose after re-gaining 80 pounds, that can feel just as difficult as it is for somebody that wants to lose 30 pounds.  We can often get really wrapped up in what we have going on we forget to be a cheerleader for somebody else.  I’ll remember that moving forward when I’m upset about a gain.  I feel like I’m a pretty good cheerleader for others and I’ll continue to do so.

 

It’s nice to know we are all in the same boat together.  It may just be a little harder to row for some than others.
 

No comments: