7/11/19

Thursday Check-In


Good Morning!

I’m back at work for a five-day stretch.  I wasn’t ready to start my work week but here we are.  I’m hoping for a quick one so I can enjoy my “weekend” again.

I’ve been talking with a coworker this morning about WW.  It has put me in a very good mood and I love talking about my journey, meeting members, and coaches.  It has been an enjoyable first two hours of the shift.  Plus, I’ve had a lot of coffee this morning and got to bed early.  Although, I woke up around midnight and struggled to get back to sleep.

After reeling in the social events/food/alcohol last week, I was looking forward to a meet-up with Rebecca for a belayed birthday lunch and then Phoenix for an adult beverage.

My lunch with Rebecca wasn’t good.  The company was great but the food…eh…not so much.  We tried a new-to-us restaurant downtown called Juniper.  It was a bit “out there” as far as food goes so we decided to order the veggie burger made with lentils and beets and also a chicken sandwich so we could share halves.  The veggie burger was a bust.  I did enjoy the chicken sandwich.  We had side items of “field greens” which was just way to leafy-green for my taste buds.  I left feeling very underwhelmed in the taste bud category and I won’t be back.

I am really glad I meal planned/prepped this week as I was able to snack on some turkey breast meat I had on hand in the fridge.  That helped satisfy me a bit and keep the points low for my second outing.  Phoenix and I wanted it hit up some of the places on our Beer Card so we picked Hops & Bottles.

 


I was joking with the tasting room guy that the small glasses were the “Weight Watcher” size.  Yes, I’ll have the WW size beer please.

 


We decided to try another spot in town and made our way to Gas Lantern.  Sadly, I didn’t open until 4pm.  Long Drop Cider appeared to have a private party and White Dog Brewing didn’t appeal to us.  So, we walked to Double Tap since that was also on our Beer Card. 

Kenyon had texted me asking about going out for Mexican for dinner.  I had not planned eating out so I had to do a little creative shuffling with my food/points so I could earn my blue dot.  I only had half a beer at Double Tap, which helped lower the pre-planned points.  Then, I snacked on some chicken enchilada soup I made for lunches this week so I wasn’t starved by dinnertime.  I counted out seven tortilla chips for 2 points and ordered a tostada with no cheese so I could also lower the points.  It was a successful blue dot day!

I’m working really hard this week to stay on track so I can enjoy pizza tomorrow.  We are meeting up with Phoenix and Stacey after work for Flying Pie’s annual habanero pizza craze.  I’m not into hot stuff so I’ll be eating regular pizza and salad.  I’ll be using my WSPA and not earning a blue dot.  So, I’m making the rest of my week food/tracking count. 

I’ve got a lot of social on the calendar next week followed by vacation the week after.  I’m also trying to calm myself and my nerves and just make each day on track the best I can.

No comments: