7/15/19

Ready For The Weekend


It’s Friday for me today and I’ll tell ya…it has been a week.

 


We are slammed on the weekends thus far and for some unknown reason, it feels as though we are busier than we have been from previous summer months.  I am almost thankful we are nearing the end of July because maybe we can get a reprieve soon.


I’m looking forward to three glorious days off and hopeful my phone doesn’t ring for coverage at work.  My calendar is filled with several social events the first of which is this evening.  I’m meeting Julie, Katie, and her soon-to-be step-daughter for a Paint Nite event.  Kenyon will join us as well when he gets off work.  I’m not 100% loving the painting choice but I do enjoy Paint Nite.  Julie had suggested meeting early for a bite to eat but with WI tomorrow, I am wanting to say on track.  I’ll run home after work and cook up some chicken breasts I have marinating in the fridge today.  I am also not planning to have any beer tonight.

I’m hopeful for a successful WI this week.  I’m feeling super bloated and like I’m retaining water this week.  That makes me start to feel defeated but I am anxious to see the results next week.  It has been another great week of activity and tracking.  I ate out both Friday and Saturday, which Saturday was un-planned as well as some ice cream.  I still have a few WSPA left in the bank too.

Tuesday I’m going to spend time with Phoenix.  Since our trip to Jackpot was cancelled, we are going to do a Downtown Boise tour on bikes.  There are rental bikes available for a fee and our plan is to ride around to different breweries and/or restaurants for some exercise, beer, food, and fun.  I’m a bit nervous about using so many points so early in my week so I’ll have to balance it out and stay mindful of all my splurges.


I also have car shopping and test driving on the books with Kenyon as he is looking at perhaps upgrade his current vehicle status.  Saturday is the Garth Brooks concert.  Sunday is a possible Painted Bowls event to raise money for the Idaho Food Bank that Kelsey has talked about attending.  I also think The Loud Strums are playing as well as Phoenix and I have tickets to a drag show called Golden Girls Live.  And that brings us back to Tuesday, which is the day we fly out for our next travel adventure.

Whew!  What a busy week on the agenda.  I guess I had better do some meal planning so I can set myself up for a successful pre-vacation week.

 

No comments: