7/20/19

My Social Calendar


My week of social outings has been a lot of fun.
Monday was Paint Nite at Barrel House.  Julie picked the painting, which wasn’t my most successful.  I ended up having to improvise due to messing up on my elephant and feeling like there was no way to recover.  So, now my painting is of a boat.




Needless to say, we still had a great time.
Tuesday after my WW meeting, I picked up Phoenix so we could Uber downtown for some biking and drinking.  There are so many places we have been wanting to check out and since we didn’t want to worry about drinking and driving, we utilized the Boise Green Bike Rental Program.  It was super easy since Phoenix set up an account to rent the bikes, lock them up, then unlock them and continue the next spot.  We had a blast!




Our starting point was Telaya Wine Company, which is where we attended the Kif Brown Foundation Wine Gala & Auction and have been wanting to get back.  They have the best red wines and so we shared a flight thinking we better start slow.  Plus, I didn’t want to blow through all my points so quickly.
We walked towards the bike rental and found a patio restaurant long the greenbelt called Café Luciano’s and decided to stop in.  We weren’t ready to eat but will come back for a future lunch.  When the waitress mentioned sangria, we were sold.  It was so light and refreshing.

Once we were on the bikes, our first stop was about 2 miles away at Cinder Wines, another winery I’ve not yet been to.  We went for a glass of wine vs. a flight since neither of us loved the flight choices.  My choice was sweet and crisp with just the right amount of sweetness to it.  Had I not been biking all day, I would have bought a bottle.

We biked about 2 miles back to The Sandbar, which also has a great patio.  We were also in time for happy hour and enjoyed both drinks and an appetizer.  Danielle also met up with us for a visit.  She was going to possibly take us home at this point but we weren’t quite ready to leave. 
Back on the bike we headed to Yardarm, a small outside bar with a very beachy feel to it.  We both had a beer and Phoenix ordered the rolled purple sweet potato tacos to try, which were delicious.

Our final stop was Clairvoyant Brewing Company, which I had no idea even existed just like Yardarm.  This is what is great about exploring your city on a bike.  Clairvoyant was a Boise Green Bike stop which meant we could leave our bikes there and catch our ride home.  This brewery has some fantastic beers and we enjoyed the vibe and the bartender.  We also met some out of towners that we visited with and Phoenix’s friend Wendy joined us as well.
By the time Kenyon arrived to pick me up and Stacey arrived to pick up Phoneix, we were ready to go home.  It was a really great day and we covered almost 5.5 miles.  We are stoked to do it again!

I’ve got two more social events on the calendar this week.  The Garth Brooks Concert is tonight and Sunday night Phoenix and I have tickets to see a drag group Golden Girls show.  We are stoked! 

No comments: